Health is a primary need of every citizen. However, for persons with disabilities in general and for those with severe and multiple disabilities, accessing appropriate health services from the existing system is a far cry. There are persons with high support needs who require special assistance as briefed below for their survival and to lead a dignified life. None of these are available in rural areas.
What CBRF Does?
- engages with the Government to provide health and rehabilitation for all,
- ensures primary access to general health care for all persons with disabilities,
- ensures access to nutritional food including immunity boosting foods in view of developing resistance to infections,
- makes provision for medical support for persons with mental illness and persons with seizure disorders,
- facilitates therapeutic services for the severely disabled from professionals and institutions,
- makes provision for suitable aids and appliances to improve mobility and other functional abilities,
- ensures that the severely disabled are cared for through personal assistance (some require 24/7 personal care services),
- makes provision for corrective surgeries.
|Current achievement||Projected need|
|Medication for Seizure Disorder||459||688|
|Medication for Mental Illness||616||979|
|Aids & Appliances
You can help us achieve our dream of achieving health and rehabilitation for all!